Fibreglass is a major material used in roofing. But, why is it so popular compared to traditional substances such as felt?
Here are some of the advantages:
- Fibreglass can last 4x longer than traditional roofing felt
- Can be designed/altered in various colours to match existing architecture
- It is completely watertight as there are no seams/gaps
- Fibreglass has various properties + can be made non-slip if need be
- Can be highly energy efficient when used in conjunction with insulation
Due to all of the advantages of fibreglass, it really makes you think ‘why is felt still used as a roofing material‘. Even more technological matters, such as rubber is flawed as it will rely on glued seams.
Choose fibreglass for a suitable, sustainable solution for your flat roof
Wherever there is a seam, there is chance that water can penetrate here and quite often, when you notice the damage, it is often too late.
Fibreglass is a proven material that has been used in the UK industry for 50+ years. Fibreglass is also trusted in other industries such as automotive and the manufacturing sector.
If you are looking for a trusted fibreglass manufacturer, then we recommend Stuart:Pease. They have recently celebrated 40+ years in the industry and are one of the UK’s premier glass reinforced plastic companies. Take a look at their portfolio.
You can find out more about roofing durability here.