Do you have Asbestos in your home?

It is very hard to see what asbestos is, but if you suspect it is present in your home:

  • Leave the asbestos alone and DON’T touch. It is safe unless disturbed
  • Never sand, drill or saw asbestos materials
  • Seek professional advice before removing material
  • Do NOT try to remove asbestos lagging, spray coatings or insulation board by yourself. This should be removed by a licensed contractor
  • Sometimes it may be necessary to take a sample. Ensure a trained contractor carries this out. Make sure that those involved, and yourself, have the proper safety equipement to hand (you can click here for an example store) to ensure no harm happens during this process.

See tips to identifying asbestos.

ALWAYS go to a licensed and trained professional for your asbestos removal. It is important that you do all the necessary research before choosing the company for you. Please contact us for more information.

In NSW there are various licenses. We recommend choosing companies that have an ‘A’ license as this means the contractor is permitted to removal ‘friable’ asbestos. ‘B’ licenses can only remove bonded asbestos.

For more information on Asbestos removal in Ryde, Hornsby, Penrith & Blacktown, click here.

Causes and effects of asbestosis

If you’re feeling unwell, find yourself with shortness of breath and have worked in one of the following industry sectors around Asbestos, such as:

  • Plumbing
  • Power stations
  • Ship yards
  • Thermal insulation engineering including heating and ventilation
  • Asbestos manufacturing
  • Building
  • Carpentry
  • Demolition
  • Electrics
  • Gas fitting
  • Joining or Lagging
  • Painting and decorating

If any of the above applies to you, it is a good idea to get checked out by your local GP for any signs or symptoms of asbestosis, mesothelioma or lung cancer.

Visit this website to see the health dangers of asbestos.